3 Things to Consider When Buying a Neon Sign
Neon lights are the latest buzzword when it comes to lighting decors. People have moved on from designer LEDs and landed on the neon planet, and the craze is only increasing. You can use neon lights anywhere from your restaurant signs to ornamental elements at your home. It also helps that neon lights are very versatile and super trendy.
Getting a neon sign will help you showcase your business or beautify your home in an innovative, eye-catching way.
If you are thinking of getting a neon signs for home, you should know a few things about them.
Here are some things to consider when buying a neon signs that matches perfectly with your interiors.
1. Consider the space: All factors come down to one primary deciding factor; the space in which you wish to install the neon lights/sign. As a general rule of thumb, the bigger the space, the better the end result.
However, the size of your neon sign will entirely depend on the purpose. For instance, whether you are using it as a cover-up to hide something behind the sign, or to glam up a particular area.
You might want an attention-grabbing neon sign if you intend to place it outdoors, while a themed neon sign may be a better choice for indoor purposes.
2. Consider Your Budget: Like every other decor item, design your own neon sign too come in all sorts of prices. The total cost of neon lights depends on the color, size, and backing. Neon lights are very popular today, especially as indoor ornamental signs. Considering this, many retailers stock them in their showrooms.
You may want to check out all of the available options before deciding on one. There is so much competition in the market that you can definitely use it to your advantage in getting an upper hand during price negotiations, once you do a thorough research on your options.
Setting your budget in advance is critical for your research, as it helps you zero in on the exact type of neon lights or signs you wish to buy.
3. Consider the Design: Once you know the space you want to place your neon sign in and plan out your budget, the next step is the design.
Getting the size and money factor out of the way helps you focus on the neon lights/sign design that can fit your idea and space perfectly. Choose something that goes with your interiors, and if you’re unsure, you can also ask your seller for a custom design. Here are some things you should keep in mind when it comes to the design of neon lights/signs.
- Color: The color of the neon sign is very important. The most commonly seen neon signs are red and orange because neon gas produces a red hue. However, today you can get a variety of shades to fit your idea and design requirements perfectly. You can choose from a range of colors like cyan blue, cherry red, popping green, classic golden, and white, among others.
- Backboard: If you want a signboard for your restaurant or hotel, you might want to go for a contrasting backboard that puts all the focus on the sign. This helps make it visible from a distance, thus boosting your restaurant’s business. However, if you only wish to use the neon sign for indoor purposes, you can choose to drop the backboard.
- Font: If you want a neon sign as a word or a phrase, you may also want to select the appropriate font style. The text font can significantly influence the atmosphere of the place and impact the appearance of the neon sign as well.
About NEON HQ-
Want neon lights in Australia for your home or business? Check out NEON HQ, a one-stop destination for all your neon sign needs and solutions. We offer 300+ pre-designed neon signs to suit every occasion. You can fill in our contact form to receive a call back from us immediately. You can also get in touch with us today at +61 433 615 988 or email us to learn more about our neon light signs solutions.